Hardi plank siding is a very well made siding material that is frequently used on houses. Hardi plank siding is made of finely ground sand, premium cement, water, and natural wood cellulose fibers.
This material is very high quality, and is often preferred by people who are looking for a higher end siding option for their buildings and structures. However, hardi plank can also be more expensive than other materials.
Benefits Of Hardi Plank Siding
- Hardi plank siding is made to last. In fact, in most cases, hardi plank siding comes with a 50-year warranty. That is a lot of peace of mind for property owners who invest in this material. Hardi plank siding is very strong due to its composition.
- Resistance to Fires
- Unlike other materials such as wood, hardi plank siding is resistant to fire. This is because it is primarily composed of sand and cement. Having fire resistant siding on your home can be important not only for preventing fires that may occur within your own home, but it can also help to prevent fires spreading to your home from adjacent buildings. This is very significant.
- Aesthetic Appeal
- Not only is hardi plank siding very appealing in its own right, but it can also be adjusted and altered to resemble a wide variety of other materials. For example, hardi plank siding can be made to look like cedar shingles, wood shake siding, wood lap boards, and other options. There are also many different options for color. Due to the versatility and wide range of color options, hardi plank siding is often viewed as a great option for people who want to make their buildings attractive.
- Resistance To Weather Events
- Hurricanes, hailstorms, tornadoes, and other weather events can all cause severe damage to properties. Because hardi plank siding is made up largely of concrete and sand (very small rocks), it is very strong, and very resistant to bad weather. It can take many beatings from hailstorms and be completely fine. It also has great resistance to stronger storms.
Hardi Plank Pricing Information
The average cost to install hardi plank siding on a building is roughly $4-6 per square foot. This is comparable to other good siding options such as brick, granite, and cement board. All of these materials are very strong and can last for many years. However, if you are going to invest in hardi plank siding for your property, then it can be a significant investment.
To apply hardi plank siding to average sized properties, it can cost roughly $13,000-$17,000. However, this investment can be well worth it. The reason is because hardi plank siding can last for decades. It also protects your home from damage in ways that other materials can’t.
For example, hardi plank is much stronger than vinyl, and it is much more fire resistant than wood. So, even though vinyl or wood siding may be cheaper to install initially, hardi plank can save you money in the long run because it can prevent you from having to re-side your house if there is a fire or a bad storm.
Our Final Thoughts On Hardie Plank Siding
Hardi plank may not be the cheapest siding option on the market. However, it is a great option for anyone who wants a strong, beautiful, and long-lasting siding on their property. Installing hardi plank siding may be an expensive upfront cost, but this investment can provide you with a beautiful siding that can last for well over fifty years. After you install hardi plank, you may never have to install another siding on your property for your entire life. In fact, the next residents of the building may not have to either!